One of the most widespread massage devices on the market today is the massage gun. It is light and portable, which you can use to treat different muscle conditions.
Although it is generally allowed to bring a massage gun with you in most cases, some people might be concerned about it when traveling further afield. Can you bring a massage gun on a plane?
Yes, you can! Although it is not necessary to bring your device with you on a plane, there are some regulations that you should know before you board. One of these is the presence of a lithium-ion battery. There are certain regulations that everyone should follow when it comes to flying with a product that contains one.
Table of Contents
How Do You Travel With a Massage Gun?
The TSA (Transportation Security Admission) officer will not allow you to bring your massager with you to your destination since it has lithium batteries. Also, other devices containing lithium batteries are not allowed in checked bags.
If you plan on taking a massage gun with you, here are some tips to make traveling easier.
- First, do not keep it in your checked bags. If the TSA discovers it, they will probably confiscate it.
- While you’re going through the check-in process, keep the message gun in the basket or bin so that the officer can see it.
- Before you go to the airport, make sure that your carry-on bag has enough room to fit your items. Also, since some electronic devices have removable batteries, you might be able to check them while you are on the plane. However, before you can do so, remove the batteries from your device and bring them with you to the gate.
- Oftentimes, when it comes to portable massagers and attachments, it comes with a travel bag or pouch. It is a great way to keep it organized and secure.
Can You Carry On A Massage Gun?
You will need to carry a lithium-ion battery pack with you when you use a massage gun. These are not allowed to be placed in checked luggage. Most massage guns do not have removable batteries. They can be carried with you in a carry-on bag or backpack.
If you are a frequent traveler and are a massage gun user, then you might want to consider getting one of the TSA’s approved Hypervolt massagers. These allow you to travel with ease and are designed to prevent issues with your device.
What Are The Things To Note When You’re Flying With A Massage Gun?
If you are planning on traveling to the U.S., or if you live in the country, the TSA website can help you check if you are allowed to bring certain items on a plane. While they do not specify what types of massagers are allowed, they do allow some types of massage equipment.
1. Remove the battery from your massage gun and carry it in your cabin bag.
Although it is illegal to carry lithium batteries in checked luggage, they can still be transported in your cabin bag. These batteries are flammable and can catch on fire if they are damaged. All of the gadgets that you use today have lithium-ion batteries. These are used for everything from cell phones to gaming devices.
All lithium-ion batteries should be transported in the cabin. However, if you are unsure if the battery is included, double-check its label and contact the manufacturer. Also, spare lithium-ion batteries are not allowed in checked baggage.
2. Take a picture of your massage gun and send it to ask TSA Fb or Twitter for verification.
Although massage guns are not explicitly mentioned, they should be allowed in airports. To ensure that you’re not carrying a prohibited item, take a picture of it and send it to Ask TSA using either Facebook or Twitter.
3. Check the requirements of the airline before you travel.
If you are traveling outside the U.S. on an international airline, there may be restrictions on the use of certain types of equipment and devices. This is why it is also essential to check the details of the airline’s policies regarding electronic devices before you travel.
So, Can You Bring a Massage Gun on a Plane?
One of the most important reasons that people need to carry a massage gun is to keep their bodies prepared for any event that might happen. However, it can be very stressful to travel, especially if you are a regular traveler. Back-to-back meetings and parties can leave you feeling tired and distracted, so it is necessary to take your massage gun with you.
Getting a quick therapy session on a plane can help release the stress and allow you to enjoy your trip equally. However, it is important to know that lithium batteries are not allowed on airplanes. To keep your mini-massage gun with you, bring it with you in a carry-on bag.